Scottish higher education; international & collaborative
The eight partner organisations in Connected Scotland all recognise that there are further benefits to be realised for the sector from joint working. All partners share the following objectives:
- to amplify a message in target markets about the quality and scope of the sector’s offering which rests on excellence in teaching, research and knowledge exchange;
- to enhance the sector’s success through sharing resources and networks, utilising joint outward missions and collaborative responses to inward missions, be this in emerging or more established markets;
- to develop new collaborative operational strands that can contribute significantly to the growth of the sector’s exports and overall contribution to the Scottish Government’s Export Ambition in the areas of transnational education, collaborative research and knowledge exchange and student recruitment and mobility;
- to provide enhanced, collaborative support to institutions in strengthening their existing international links and plans; and
- to facilitate mutually beneficial partnerships with other key Scottish sectors and organisations in developing international links.
With an ambitious goal of growing the sector’s export income, Connected Scotland identifies and pursues opportunities that can be better reached as a result of a collaborative approach.
To do this we need to:
- Provide an evidence base on emerging markets of opportunity for a Connected Scotland approach;
- Create a Connected Scotland mentality across partners and institutions;
- Develop and nurture the international community through missions, training and development and through the sharing of market insight and intelligence;
- Provide a support infrastructure which welcomes new ideas and can facilitate projects of scale and collaborative ventures that may be too large for single institutions;
- Ensure we focus on the key areas of ‘ambition’ and review progress against these objectives.